The name Valerian is a male name of Latin origin meaning “strength, health“.
The valerian plant is native to Belgium and Croatia but can now be found growing throughout North America and Asia. One source of Young Living’s Valerian is our Balkan Botanical Farm in Bulgaria. After careful harvesting, the plant root is steam distilled; the resulting essential oil contains the constituents bornyl acetate, camphene, alpha-fenchene, and alpha- and beta-pinene.
How this herb in a bottle can help us to relax?
1. Get the ball rolling. Convenience targeted application, and on-the-go uses all rolled into one make a Valerian essential oil roll-on a no-brainer! All you need is a Roller Fitment, an essential oil bottle, and your Valerian oil.
2. Drift into a soft slumber. Sleep keeps your body and mind healthy, alert, and happy. Ready to break the bad sleep cycle? A great start to improving sleep is planning a nighttime routine. Make sure to go to bed early, take a relaxing bath, and try our tips for a better night’s sleep. If you’ve caught a case of sleeplessness, take our SleepEssence/Immupro supplement, which includes both melatonin and drops of Valerian essential oil to support a peaceful night’s rest.
3. Massage the aches away. Treat yourself to a soothing massage with Valerian essential oil after an exhausting workout or a long day at work. Valerian’s grounding aroma is also perfect for relaxing while you massage sore muscles, achy feet, or a tight neck.
4. Create serene surroundings. Valerian essential oil’s bold, earthy scent pairs divinely with many other oils. Diffuse your favourite Valerian-infused blend to kick back and enjoy all the chill feels.
5. Scent your skin with purpose. Whether winter is coming or you’re showing off your smooth legs in summer, moisturizing is a must. While you’re at it, you might as well add a little EO love! Combine Valerian with your favourite skin-care products for a natural yet bold scent.