Bad hair day is a real thing! Isn’t it?
Find 7 tips for healthy hair listed below!
- Trim Hair Regularly – Many believe this should be done to promote hair growth. Well, believe it or not, it is a myth. Regardless of whether you trim it, cut it or do none of these, your hair grows half an inch or 1.3 cm every month. Genetics, hormones and diet are the true factors that affect the rate at which hair grows. The real reason you need regular haircuts is to keep your hair healthy. Split ends not only give your hair neglected appeal, but also make it look unhealthy. They are caused by combing and regular usage of hairstyling tools. Therefore, it is best to trim your hair every 6-8 weeks to maintain strong and healthy hair.
- Use Appropriate Shampoo – It is important to use a shampoo that is designed for your hair type. If you, however, suffer from hair loss, it is best to use baby shampoos since they do not contain strong chemicals that can harm your scalp or hair. (see graphic at the bottom of the post!)
- Be Gentle – Regular hair brushing is vital but the way you brush your hair is even more important. Excessive brushing can damage your hair. Instead, comb your hair twice a day and be gentle. Use appropriate hair brush or a comb and never brush your hair while wet. This when it is most vulnerable and prone to breaking.
- You Are What You Eat – Healthy diet is an important factor for healthy hair. Make sure you intake minerals and vitamins. Lack of certain vitamins, such as iron contributes to damaged hair and can even lead to hair loss in women. Moreover, avoid extreme weight loss and harsh diets since they contribute to hair deterioration.
- Go Natural – Whenever possible, avoid using hair drier, curling or flat irons. Heat exposure damages hair. Also, avoid frequent hair coloring. Chemicals in hair dye are strong and harmful for your hair.
- Be Happy – Reduce stress. Stress is one of main culprits that causes hair loss in women. You mental being is of utmost importance for overall physical health. Thus, be happy.
- Nourish Your Scalp – If possible, use hair treatments at least once a week. And there is no need for fancy in-saloon treatments that will cost you a fortune.