Which essential oils are safe to ingest?
Essential oils explained
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts, with a single drop containing the equivalent constituents of several plants. So while the important benefits we find in nature are valuable and important, it’s also critical to remember that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. For instance, while we all need water every day to live and thrive, too much could lead to water toxicity. Similarly, using too much essential oil can result in negative effects. That’s why the directions on the label are so important; they maximize the safety and the benefit of the oil while minimizing any potential reactions.
Vitality is a dietary essential oil line, a line of oils specifically labeled for internal use. From a consumer standpoint, these oils are the same exact premium essential oils we are used to, but the labeling makes it easier for new members to know which oils to use topically/aromatically and which oils are for dietary use. Everything in the Vitality line is for dietary use.
The Vitality line has 4 distinct categories: Herb, Spice, Citrus, and Supplement.
Here are the 27 Vitality oils broken into categories:
- Basil Vitality
- Lemongrass Vitality
- Oregano Vitality
- Rosemary Vitality
- Thyme Vitality
- Lavender Vitality
- Peppermint Vitality
- Spearmint Vitality
- Black Pepper Vitality
- Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- Clove Vitality
- Ginger Vitality
- Carrot Seed Vitality
- Celery Seed Vitality
- Dill Vitality
- Bergamot Vitality
- Citrus Fresh™ Vitality
- Grapefruit Vitality
- Jade Lemon™ Vitality
- Lemon Vitality
- Lime Vitality
- Orange Vitality
- Tangerine Vitality
- DiGize™ Vitality
- EndoFlex™ Vitality
- Frankincense Vitality
- Thieves® Vitality
Be sure to follow the label instructions so you always know the correct amount of essential oil to ingest and so you know that you’re choosing safe essential oils for internal use.
The cool, refreshing flavor of Peppermint is a welcome addition to food, beverages, and as a dietary supplement. Try these tips for ingesting this fresh and minty essential oil!
- Follow label instructions and add Peppermint to your daily dietary supplements to support normal digestion.*
- Use in baking, like in these yummy guilt-free peppermint brownies.
- Include a drop in a glass of cool water for a refreshing start to your morning and to enhance healthy gut function.*
- Love the fresh flavor of lemon? By using Lemon Vitality essential oil, you can get the bright, zesty taste and antioxidant benefits of lemon in your daily life.
- Add Lemon Vitality to a tall glass of cold water for a fresh, antioxidant-infused drink to start your day.
- Add 1-2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take it daily for immune and circulatory support.*
Treat yourself to the essence of Grapefruit: bright, tart, and bursting with flavor.
- Add 1-2 drops to vegetarian gel capsule and take it to support your weight-management program, lymphatic system, and circulatory system.*
- Stay hydrated and experience Grapefruit Vitality’s cleansing properties by adding 1-2 drops to your chilled purified or sparkling water.*
Try using this spicy favourite to support your digestive system.
- Add 1 drop of Digize Vitality and 4 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex to a capsule and take it daily to help support the digestive system.*
- Make a soothing tea with antioxidant properties by adding honey and DiGize Vitality to a steamy mug of water.*
- Take DiGize Vitality and Essentialzymes-4™ before meals to support wellness.*
Cinnamon Bark Vitality
When the weather outside is cold, or when you’re simply trying to warm things up, flavour your favourite recipes with Cinamon Bark Vitality.
- Elevate your fruit smoothie or green drink with a drop of Cinnamon Bark Vitality and benefit from its antioxidant properties.*
- Put a drop into your hot cereal for a little kick and to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.*
So many more!
When you want to flavour foods, boost your hydration, or supplement your health, there are so many more options in Young Living Vitality Line. Find your own favourites and share them with your friends and family—and always remember to follow the label instructions!
YL safety tip: When ingesting essential oils in the Vitality line, always follow the label instructions and never exceed the amount suggested. Also, keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Though many have used oils that are not in the Young Living Vitality line internally with success, current regulatory guidelines and research indicate that the Vitality line is an up-to-date offering of essential oils that are safe for ingestion when label directions are followed.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.