How many of you feel that your concentration and focus could/should be better than it is? Often, our efficiency levels are so compromised by fatigue that we are not really productive. I received the following question today – gee, I could have used this reminder weeks ago!!! We DO have the perfect solution . . .
Q: My husband tends to get brain-drain at work. He is an attorney and he works very long hours at his desk. He gets bored and tired. It is hard for him to concentrate sometimes. Also sometime he just gets frustrated or down by the piles and piles of work. I would like to get a blend to diffuse in his office and see if it helps him think clearly, work more efficiently, and feel more positive. Do you know if people have had success with Brain Power or En-R-Gee? Or something else?
A: There may be several blends or single oils that could assist in maintaining focus and energy during long days at work. It is important to remember that essential oils work to assist the body in coming to balance rather than to treat symptoms. Therefore, what works best for one may not be the most effective for another. However, there are general properties which can be used as guidelines in selecting the one(s) which would be most effective.
Perhaps the most appropriate choice may be CLARITY. CLARITY is a blend of basil, bergamot, cardamom, geranium, jasmine, lemon, palmarosa, peppermint, roman chamomile, rosemary, rosewood, and ylang ylang. According to the Essential Oils Desk Reference, “Clarity promotes a clear mind and amplifies mental alertness. It improves mental activity and vitality and increases energy when overly tired. It brings the spirit and mind back into focus.”
Clarity contains no carrier oil, so it is perfect for diffusing – although even blends that contain a carrier oil can be diffused easily in Young Living’s ultrasonic diffuser.
Applying BRAIN POWER, PALO SANTO, LEMON, or PEPPERMINT to the temples and brain stem may enhance the effects of Clarity.
Descriptions of the single oils used in Clarity (from Essential Oils Desk Reference):
- Basil alleviates mental fatigue and muscle spasms.
- Bergamot is simultaneously uplifting and calming, with a unique ability to relieve anxiety, stress, and tension.
- Cardamom is uplifting, refreshing, and invigorating. It may be beneficial for clearing confusion.
- Geranium is anti-spasmodic, relaxant, anti-inflammatory, and is uplifting.
- Jasmine is stimulating to the mind and improves concentration.
- Lemon is stimulating and invigorating.
- Palmarosa is stimulating and revitalizing, enhancing both the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
- Peppermint increased mental accuracy by 28% in a study done by Dr. William N. Dember at the University of Cincinnati.
- Roman chamomile combats restlessness, tension, and insomnia. It purges toxins from the liver where anger is stored. It also clears mental blocks.
- Rosemary helps overcome mental fatigue, stimulates memory, and opens the conscious mind.
- Rosewood is high in linalool, which has a relaxing, empowering effect. It is also very grounding and strengthening.
- Ylang ylang helps to bring about a sense of relaxation and balance. It has the effect of creating harmony.
Many wishes for CLARITY, HARMONY & BALANCE,
~ ~ ~
Disclaimer: Please remember that anything discussed here does not constitute medical advice and cannot substitute for appropriate medical care.
Sharing experiences with essential oils is an effective way of learning to utilize these powerful gifts from Nature. With this knowledge we can take control of our personal health. However, we are required by law in the USA to state, “These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease”.