If you are looking for a new great recipe . . . Here is one shared by Kuen Holstrom for incredibly delicious bars. . . yummy – definitely a special occasion treat!!! (Is it possible that these are really “healthy”???)
Cashew Cacao Dreamy Bars
(makes 64 1-inch bars)
1 cup cashews
3 tablespoons cacao
1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar or other liquid sweetener
1. Process cashews in high-speed blender in three batches. Sift out chunks between batches.
2. Stir in cacao powder, melted coconut oil and sweetener.
3. Press into glass 8 x8-inch pan and place in refrigerator.
1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
2/3 cup dried coconut, unsweetened
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup coconut butter, softened
2 tablespoons maple syrup (not raw but used in many raw recipes)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix all ingredients together, spread over crust layer, return to refrigerator.
1/4 cup cacao
1/4 cup agave (or other liquid sweetener)
1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Pour over crust/filling mixture. Chill until set.
Note: If too sweet, add less honey or agave