Thieves Household Cleaner is highly concentrated, and the following dilutions have been used by thousands of people. The chart was printed on the bottles at one time.
Thieves Household Cleaner Proportion Guide Filtered water should be used rather than water containing chlorine. The “acid water” that is the “waste” from an alkaline water machine is perfect. Remember, the GOAL is a Chemical Free Environment.?A. All purpose Thieves Cleaner in a spray bottle: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 1liter/quart water
One capful of Thieves Cleaner = 1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 quart ~ 1 liter
1 cup = 240ml
½ cup = 120ml
- All-purpose cleaner in spray bottle: 1 capful in empty bottle
- Light degreasing: 1 capful to 3 cups (480ml)
- Medium Degreasing: 1 capful to 2 cups water
- Heavy degreasing: 1 capful to 1 cup water
- Window and glass cleaner: 1 capful to 5 quarts water
Note: I find that adding ½ cup white vinegar brings even more amazing results!
- Dishwasher: 1 capful Thieves Cleanse
- Pots and pans: 1 capful to 3 cups water
- Floors: 1 capful to 6 cups water
- Walls: 1 capful to 2 cups water (I use my all-purpose spray)
- Fabrics: 1 capful to 2 cups (I use my all-purpose spray for spots)
- Laundry: 1-2 capfuls depending upon size of washer and load
- Carpet: 1 capful to 6 cups water (I use my all-purpose spray for spot cleaning)
If you are not getting the results you desire, you may be using Thieves Household Cleaner in a dilution that is too strong. It is important to dilute it properly because it is so highly concentrated.
Note: When properly diluted, Thieves Household is extremely cost-effective!
B. Light Degreasing: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 3 cups of water
C. Medium Degreasing: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 2 cups water
D. Heavy Degreasing: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 1 cup water
E. Window and glass cleaner: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 5 quarts water or 1/4 teaspoon to a quart of water for spray bottles
F. Hand cleaner: capful Thieves Cleaner to 1/2 cup water
G. Dishwasher: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner
H. Pot and Pans: 1 capful of Thieves Cleaner to 3 cups water
I. Floors: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 6 cups water
J. Walls: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to a little less than 2 cups water
K. Fabrics: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 2 cups water
L. Laundry: Depending on size of washer, use 1 to 2 capfuls of Thieves Cleaner
M. Carpet: 1 capful Thieves Cleaner to 6 + cups water