Many find that there is considerable stress in becoming pregnant – and the stress builds as the months go by. Sometimes we play “mind games” alternating between hopeful anticipation and telling ourselves that we “don’t really want to be pregnant anyway”. I did this every month for what seemed an interminable period.
What I believe now is that my body was so out of balance that it is truly a miracle that I actually did conceive. I had emergency abdominal surgery at age 27, and the symptoms returned with a vengeance in a few months along with major adhesions from the surgery itself. My body was out of balance due to poor nutrition and many medications beginning at age 14. Yet, I was an athlete and supposedly in really “good” physical condition!
When we think of pregnancy, we may automatically think of the reproductive organs. Challenges becoming pregnant may or may not have to do with the reproductive organs themselves not functioning properly. One of the other glands could be compromised. Perhaps the best place to begin is with an understanding of the glands which produce hormones in the body – the glands of the Endocrine System. These are the HYPOTHALAMUS, PITUITARY, PINEAL, THYROID, PARATHYROID, THYMUS, PANCREAS, ADRENALS, and OVARIES or TESTES. All it takes is for one of these glands to be compromised, and the system is out of balance . . . which means that the body is out of balance and things cease to function normally.
~ ~ ~
Preparing the body . . .
Now that we have an understanding of the glands which literally “rule every aspect of our lives”, we can better see the need for supporting the body so it can provide the proper building blocks for a baby without depleting the strength of the mother.
- Are you getting enough protein?
- Are your minerals in the optimal balance?
- Are your vitamins being absorbed?
- Do you have enough enzymes?
- Are you at the optimal weight?
- Is your immune system strong?
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Are you under a lot of stress?
Perhaps ALL of the above can be addressed by placing your focus upon balancing the pH of the body – the acid/alkaline balance. Most of us live in highly acidic bodies. This means that the body must work very hard fighting off all the invading bacteria, viruses, and fungus that thrive in an acidic environment. This causes us to be quite fatigued . . . and we often resort to caffeine and sugar to give us a “boost of energy” . . . and the cycle is perpetuated.
There are four major factors that cause most of us to be too acidic:
The “Three Poisons” – SUGAR, CAFFEINE , DAIRY . . . and STRESS. We can control what goes into our mouths, but sometimes reducing stress is more challenging. Fortunately, essential oils can assist! My favorite is STRESS AWAY roll-on. It is an easy-to-use blend of CEDARWOOD, COPAIBA, LIME, OCOTEA, and VANILLA essential oils in a carrier of fractionated coconut oil which will not stain clothing. OCOTEA has even been reported to reduce sugar cravings!
When the body is less acidic, a positive side effect is that sleep is deeper and more restful. Therefore, fatigue is less of a challenge.
- NINGXIA RED is a rich infusion of vitamins and minerals that is truly a “superfood”. The NingXia wolfberry is legendary for its balanced array of vitamins and minerals. In addition, it is 15.6% protein by weight and rich in the amino acids of L-arginine and L-glutamine. The flash-pasteurization process developed by Gary Young for NingXia Red retains the enzymes which are normally destroyed during the pasteurization process as enzymes cannot survive prolonged heat.Just 150-180ml (4-6 ounces) diluted in equal parts of water can make an incredible difference in overall strength and well-being.
- POWER MEAL is a complete meal replacement which contains 20.6 grams of protein in an easily digestible vegan formula that is gluten-free and dairy-free. It is based upon brown rice bran and contains 190 calories.NOTE: I find that adding 7 drops of GRAPEFRUIT essential oil and 1-3 teaspoons (5-15ml) coconut oil greatly enhances the flavor and is supportive for the thyroid gland and the lymphatic system. This will enhance detoxification of the body both before pregnancy and during.
- MULTIGREENS capsules are bioactive sea vegetables and will assist you in getting the GREENS that your body needs. They are high in protein, increase energy levels, support digestive function, and alkalize the body. In addition, they provide a rich source of calcium. Therapeutic-grade essential oils of melissa, lemon, lemongrass, and rosemary enhance the absorption and assimilation by the body.Recommended amount for adults is 3 capsules three times daily. Children can take smaller amounts based upon body weight.
- OMEGA BLUE softgels contain the essential fatty acid called omega 3 along with the essential oils of BLUE CHAMOMILE (also called German chamomile), CLOVE, LEMONGRASS, and MYRRH. Omega 3 is critical for cardiovascular health and for building healthy cells throughout the body. When the cellular membranes are healthy, fluid easily passes in and out of the cells, allowing nutrients to enter and toxins to be taken away. If the omega 3 is insufficient, the cell membranes become hard, and nutrients cannot easily enter to nourish and rebuild the cells.Recommended amount is 1 capsule 3 times daily. Omega Blue can be given to children as well, with the amount reduced according to body weight. (Gary Young said that Mary began giving Omega Blue to Josef when he was an infant.)
- ESSENTIALZYMES-4 is a multi-spectrum enzyme complexformulated to aid the digestion of fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates commonly fund in the modern diet of processed foods. Essentialzymes-4 assists the body in breaking down problematic foods, allowing for optimal absorption of nutrients. Recommended amount is 2 capsules with meals.
- MINERAL ESSENCE is a balanced ionic mineral complex which includes more than 60 different minerals. Minerals not only support metabolism and healthy immune function, they enhance absorption of nutrients. Mineral Essence contains the essential oils of lemon, cinnamon bark, and peppermint.Recommended amount for adults is 5 droppers-full in water morning and evening. This is an excellent choice for children as well, and the amount should be adjusted according to weight.
- SCLARESSENCE BLEND: This blend of CLARY SAGE, PEPPERMINT, SPANISH SAGE, and FENNEL balances the hormones naturally using essential oil phytoewstrogens. It has been shown to increase human estrogen levels, enhancing fertility.Sclaressence is best when taken internally in capsules or sub-lingually (under the tongue). Begin with 3 drops in a capsule morning and evening, increasing to 10 drops morning and evening. (Gary Young said that Mary “drank about 2 liters of Scalressence getting her estrogen levels up to the level to become pregnant with Josef at age 57.)
- PROGESSENCE PLUS SERUM: Progessence Plus serum is progesterone which is derived from the wild yam. Synthetic progesterone has been shown to cause cancer, heart attacks, strokes, and high blood pressure. However, progesterone which is derived from plants – PHYTO-PROGESTERONE – has been shown to PREVENT cancer, heart attacks, strokes, and high blood pressure. Because so many synthetic products are readily available, it is important to understand that only the truly plant-based progesterone carries no risks.Progesterone balances estrogen. Therefore if one is estrogen dominant, then progesterone will bring the level down. However, it will NOT deplete the amount of natural estrogen in the body. Progesterone levels rise during prognancy. Progessence Plus Serum is best applied topically on the sides of the neck over the carotid artery once or twice a day.