I have uneven skin tone and hyper pigmentation but I get amazing coverage and most people are shocked when I tell them this.
Add another layer until you get the desired coverage.
Prime: Renewal serum & ART light moisturizer
Apply: Mist the brush 3 sprays, rub brush on back of your hand then pick minerals up off of cap. To get more coverage: Spray brush 1 time, rub on back of your hand then pick up desired amount of loose minerals from the cap
* Pro tip: Add a few taps of a darker shade to your normal shade
On Titanium Dioxide:
The foundation has none. It’s cosmetic grade in the blush and eye shadow. Even the EWG has pulled its stance on Titanium D. We use NON nano particles. Food grade TD is an issue, cosmetic grade non-nano particle TD is not in the same category. Any color with shimmer or pink tones will have it. Earth tones like MT dark wont have it. May contain traces of it because it is processed on the same production lines as the other products. Just like some foods regarding peanuts for example.
Fair Warm = Warm 1 Light Warm = Warm 2 Tan Warm = Warm 3
Fair Cool = Cool 1 Light Cool = Cool 2 Tan Cool = Cool 3
The makeup is tested for all heavy metals including nickel. Check out my post on this page about the testing that is done for heavy metals using ICP.
Mica’s are how you get color from earth elements without using synthetic dyes. It limits us on colors, but it eliminates coal tar, petrochemicals and synthetics.
As a rule of thumb, once opened and you begin to use it, different factors contribute to the shelf life and deterioration of the pigment: humidity, light, brush cleanliness etc. Once opened, I would use it within 12 months. Rule of thumb for mascara once opened and used: 3 months . Lips once opened and used: 6 months
Why is it not labeled organic?
Because minerals are inorganic, organic labelling on minerals is misleading.
What about lead?
Lead makes it way into cosmetics via synthetic dyes and lake dyes. Savvy Minerals has neither in their lip products, mica’s are used to color the lips (side note: which is why it’s REALLY hard to get a TRUE RED lipstick without dye.) The testing is done three times to make sure that lead and heavy metals are not in the products.
What technique is “foiling”?
Spray the brush tip in eyeshadow and apply and it’s like painting it on, this is called foiling. Since using the Savvy Minerals misting spray for this, I will no longer use my secret formula (Of which we’ll never speak of again 😉 )
Spray the eye shadow brush with the misting spray,then pick up the eye shadow and “paint” the eye shadow on for deep color dimension and lasting power. You can do the same with the eye liners to get a liquid eye liner look. I will also have tutorials on this on “The Savvy Mess”.
Why can we not get red lips?
I (Melissa) worked on a combo for years and never really came close, I wanted so badly to create this for you 2 years ago Christa Smith! It’s just really hard to create TRUE RED without synthetic dye or beetle guts (which then we create an entirely new uproar 😉 )
How can I best color match?
On the dedicated Savvy Minerals website (coming soon) there is a section YL and myself are working hard on to make this process easy. It explains really well how to tell if you have warm / cool undertone. From there, I’ve always told people to choose “light” as it is most popular color and easiest to correct. So, Cool 2 or Warm 2 will most always be a safe bet unless you can tell from photo’s on fb as you try to help them, that they are more tan.
Why do most mineral makeups make you break out? What makes Savvy mineral different? Bismuth is a metal mineral that when worked into the pores, aggravates the pores and causes irritation and breakouts. Savvy Minerals by Young Living uses Arrowroot Powder and Kaolin Clay. Both are calming to the skin, help to absorb excess oil and moisture on the skin and make the skin feel silky smooth.
How can I learn more? My new fb page: “The Savvy Mess” will have great tips that people can learn and build from. YL will work on more videos as we get new products to do videos with. There are SO many great tools that marketing is working on! My fave is the product cards. I wanted something that acted as a cue card to do fb live videos with confidence and I am SO happy with what they came up with! They had the foundation one in the boutique!
Short and informative tutorial videos on Savvy Minerals:
Savvy Five Minute Face https://youtu.be/xu9YI-eiols
Savvy Minerals by Young Living Foundation https://youtu.be/Ux4fhQGgffs
How to Make Your Eyes Pop with Savvy Minerals by Young Living https://youtu.be/79zEd6OuSFI How to Contour with Savvy Minerals by Young Living https://youtu.be/aU8TCBcGmLU
Supplies link: qosmedix.com
Diamond Nicole Martin’s notes on Melissa’s class at convention:
- 3 cool shades 3 warm 4 dark
- Check veins for blue for cool and green for warm. Pink undertones are cool. Foundation and concealer in one. Premium foundation.
- Primer: ART serum then ART moisturizer (or preferred moisturizer)
- 1-3 darker is higher the number . Spray brush 3 times then brush hand. Apply minerals in cap then brush. Watch for too wet.
- Not a setting spray. No need. It’ll be set. Don’t spray it’ll look spotty. Only spray the brush. Aloe base is what gives the silky finish. Same base as lavaderm.
- Great for blemish. Bismuth causes blemishes. (Bare minerals) bare minerals all lip products have dye. (In other makeup) lake dyes have lead. Arrow root powder and kaolin powder keeps skin smooth and heals. Red has dye.
- Hyper pigment go one shade darker or mix with lighter. Color matching:
- Light moisture mixed with powder makeup for liquid.
- 3 blush colors. Passionate is really pigmented and needs very little. I do believe your blushing is subtle.
- No need to mist for blush. Crowned all over is good for all over or contour
Notes from Diamond Jill
- Oncall: Warm or cool Look at veins on back of the wrist – if more blue, they are cool,
- Lighter hair and eyes – burn before tan – cool
- Green veins . Dark hair, eyes, better in gold jewelry. Warm undertones
- 1 lightest 2 3 darkest
- Don’t match on arm or neck. Go jawline/neck. If it blends, you got it. You don’t want to see it.
- Pink undertones to skin = cool
- Mix powders – if they get a 3, and it’s too dark, have them get a 1 and mix – works well to adjust for tans/seasons
- Same return policy as YLs
- Primer – Renewal serum then ART light moisturizer (universal for all skin types). While still tacky, put foundation on . Need this so it won’t feel like powder/mineral makeup usually feels
- Use mist on the brush then minerals out of cap and then on face (usually 3 sprays is going) No mud puddles in dish, too wet . No streaks on face, too wet . Mist is not a setting Spray.
- Don’t spray at end. Do NOT DIY the spray. Mist is same base as lavaderm. Mist spray is cheaper than lavaderm.
- Mineral powder with bismuth (metal mineral) is what aggravates pores. Arrowroot powder and kaolin clay instead of bismuth – more healing and nourishing. Helps absorb oil.
- Bare minerals has bismuth, dyes, etc. not pure.
- Lake dyes bad. Synthetic.
- Can’t do Red without dyes.
- Hyperpigmentation or uneven – go darker one shade. It’s okay to do multiple layers.
- Marketing is working on making sure the screen color is the same. Need leaders to buy the full kit and be able to show members.
- Marketing brochures coming. Videos coming. Vimeo tutorials. Have people follow The Savvy Mess on social media. Feedback regarding a sample kit for color matching won’t be until more products out. Sheerlume if dark undereyes.
- Mix powder with art light moisturizer and it makes a tinted moisturizer / liquid foundation ❤ ” If you’re used to liquid, try the powder using renewal serum, light moisturizer and layering
- Method with misting the brush 3 times.
- Passionate – matte Smashing – pinker than passionate . I do believe you’re blushing – most subtle color
- Diamond dust is good for under eye contour and down the nose and around in up sweeping motions. Veil is a highlighter strobe under eyes
- Quick fix : After blush at the end very last after diamond dust.
- Lips: don’t double dip qosmedix.com can get the flock deux applicators for beauty class. Use painters trays.
- Be creative in how you’re teaching.
- Both glosses are high shine and have peppermint in them. Embrace is So close to Mac Viva Glam. Jojoba makes the lips plumper.
- Eyes: foiling = spray to darken your colors. Bonds the pigments.
- Multi tasker stays. 50/50 water and witch hazel Foiling is painting it on.
- Use best kept secret eyeshadow first always. Residual is a great highlight. Wanderlust is white pearl,
- Determined is everyone’s favorite beautiful for dark skin tones foiled in with the spray. Diffused over it brings it more purple.
- Brown eyes use lighter colors on lids